How To Prepare Your Home For An Upcoming Remodel
When you are ready to take the plunge and remodel your bathroom, there are a few things you should do to prepare your home (and yourself!) for the process.
Here are a few tips from the experts at Bathrooms First, a leading bathroom remodeling company in Peoria Heights, IL:
1. Set a budget. This is probably the most important step in preparing for a bathroom remodel. You need to have a realistic idea of how much you can afford to spend on the project so that you don‘t get in over your head. Once you have a budget, be sure to communicate it to your contractor so that they can work within your means.
2. Choose your style. Take some time to browse through magazines and websites to get an idea of the type of bathroom you want. Do you prefer a modern look or something more traditional? Gather inspiration photos so that you can show your contractor what you‘re envisioning.
3. Get rid of clutter. Before the remodel begins, it‘s a good idea to declutter your bathroom so that there‘s less for the workers to contend with. This includes everything from personal items to towels and toiletries. Put everything into storage or another room in your house so that it‘s out of the way during the construction process.
4. Prepare for dust and noise. Unfortunately, a bathroom remodel can be quite messy and noisy. Be sure to warn your family and roommates about the potential dust and disruption so that everyone is prepared (and maybe even give them a heads up when construction will be taking place).
5. Select your fixtures. One of the best parts of remodeling your bathroom is choosing new fixtures! This is where you can really make the space your own and select items that fit with your style and budget. Work with your contractor to select items like toilets, sinks, faucets, tubs, showers, etc.
6. Don’t forget the details. In addition to the big ticket items, there are also lots of small details that need to be considered during a bathroom remodel. Things like towel racks, soap dispensers, toilet paper holders, and light fixtures all need to be selected (and installed!). Pay attention to these details so that your final product is just what you wanted.
When you are ready to start your bathroom remodel, call Bathrooms First for a free estimate! We‘ll work with you to create the perfect space within your budget and timeframe.