When it comes to remodeling your bathroom, choosing the right materials is key. Not only do you want materials that are durable and long-lasting, but you also want materials that are visually appealing and functional. At Bathrooms First, a locally owned and 5-star rated bathroom remodeling company serving greater Peoria IL, we understand the importance of selecting the right materials for your bathroom renovation project.
Marble is a timeless and elegant material that can elevate any bathroom. It’s a natural stone that comes in a variety of colors and veining patterns, making each piece unique. Marble is also durable and resistant to heat and water, making it a great choice for a bathroom that will last for years to come.
Pros of Marble:
- Elegant and timeless appearance
- Durable and long-lasting
- Resistant to heat and water
Cons of Marble:
- Expensive compared to other materials
- Requires regular sealing to maintain its appearance
- May scratch or stain more easily than other materials
Porcelain tile is a popular choice for bathrooms because it’s durable, water-resistant, and low maintenance. It’s also versatile, coming in a wide range of colors, patterns, and sizes. Porcelain tile can mimic the look of natural stone or wood, giving you the appearance of a high-end material without the high price tag.
Pros of Porcelain Tile:
- Durable and low-maintenance
- Can mimic the look of natural stone or wood
Cons of Porcelain Tile:
- Cold and hard underfoot
- May crack if not installed properly
- Can be slippery when wet
Quartz is a man-made material that’s becoming increasingly popular for bathroom remodeling projects. It’s durable, non-porous, and resistant to stains and scratches, making it an ideal material for bathroom countertops and shower walls. Quartz also comes in a variety of colors and patterns, making it a versatile material for any bathroom design.
Pros of Quartz:
- Durable and non-porous
- Resistant to stains and scratches
- Easy to clean and maintain
Cons of Quartz:
- Can be more expensive than other materials
- May discolor over time with exposure to sunlight
- May require professional installation
At Bathrooms First, we specialize in helping homeowners choose the right materials for their bathroom remodeling projects. Whether you’re looking for a classic and elegant look with marble, a versatile and low-maintenance option with porcelain tile, or a durable and non-porous material with quartz, we can help.